So many people question “what is CLEAN eating?”
Clean eating is the attempt to weed out all the bad and unhealthy food choices from our diets. Here are some tips for clean eating.
1. Eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day. Try to spread them out 2 1/2 to 3 hours apart. The idea behind this is to keep your body fueled and your metabolism up. Think of it as ‘fueling the furnace.”
2. Eat breakfast everyday within an hour of rising. This helps get that furnace going.
3. Make your last meal 3 hrs before bed.
4. Combine your lean protein (to hold you over) & complex carbs (quick energy) at each meal.
5. Eat sufficient healthy fats everyday. We NEED some fats in our diets to function, specifically our brains
6. Drink 1/2 your body weight in oz of H2O. (Example 140lb person needs 70 oz of water DAILY)
7. Carry a cooler packed with clean foods. Never leave the house empty handed. Set yourself up for SUCCESS.
8. Get fiber, vitamins, nutrients, and enzymes from fruit and veggies.
9. Adhere to proper portion sizes.
10. Stay away from processed foods.