These are a little different but after the first initial bite they grow on you! My family LOVES THEM!
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup oat flour (I have used regular flour in the past and they turned out just fine as well)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I used sea salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 8 paper liners in muffin tin; coat with cooking spray.
2. Combine applesauce and next 4 ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the next 6 ingredients. Add oat mixture to applesauce mixture; stir until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake for 20-22 minutes, rotating the pan a half-turn after 10 minutes. Muffins are done when tops are firm to the touch.
Tips & Bonus Information
Calories 154; Fat 5g ; Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 2g: Carbohydrate 30g; Sugars 21g; Fiber 3g.